Matawa Chiefs Council provides guidance and direction for the CEO and Board of Directors of Matawa First Nations Management by resolution. The Chiefs Council also comes together to work on common issues that impact their communities.
We will do whatever is necessary in order to protect our land, our water and our resources for the future generations. We agree that we must stand together in order to ensure our nation is protected. Therefore, we assert our Aboriginal and Treaty rights to the land, water and resources by requiring written consent before any development activity may proceed. Failure to consult, accommodate and receive the consent of the First Nation(s) to proceed with any work or activity is an unjustified infringement upon our Aboriginal, Treaty and Custodial rights as First Nations.
1. Protection of our land, our water and our resources.
2. Protection of our Rights as Peoples of the Land. We have Inherent, Aboriginal Title,
Custodial and Treaty Rights.
3. We respect and trust the autonomy of each First Nation, respecting each other’s priorities and paths to reach our common goals.
4. We want to maximize opportunities for our Peoples in any developments that they consent to, such as resource revenue and economic benefits.
5. We will achieve our goals through control and ownership of any development and activities in our territories.
|Aroland First Nation
P.O Box 10, Aroland
Ontario P0T 1B0
1 (807) 329-5970
Constance Lake First Nation
Eabametoong First Nation
Ginoogaming First Nation
Long Lake #58 First Nation
|Marten Falls First Nation
General Delivery, Ogoki
Ontario P0T 2L0
1 (807) 349 – 2509
Neskantaga First Nation
Nibinamik First Nation
Webequie First Nation
View Chiefs Council In Aboriginal Language