Matawa Communications provides communications advisory and support to the Matawa Chiefs Council, Matawa First Nations Management (MFNM), CEO office and to the MFNM departments, services, and corporations. It also responds to Matawa First Nation community requests for communications assistance, including the following:
- Media monitoring and support (media advisories, media releases, public relations)
- Development of informational materials and promotion (brochures, posters, reports, etc.)
- Brand implementation and visual identity
- Website/cultural portal/intranet updates (shared with Matawa IT Services)
- Social media updates and monitoring
- Radio broadcasting, recording, PA systems
- Quality Assurance
One of the goals of Matawa Communications is to ensure Matawa First Nations receive timely and relevant information on various international, national, provincial, regional, and local issues that can impact them. It distributes information in a wide variety of formats including print, radio broadcast, email blasts, website and social media. Matawa currently uses Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and flicker to engage in and encourage social networking. It works to raise awareness and support regarding the priorities and issues of the Matawa First Nations Peoples and manages/coordinates strategic communications and media relations.
Upcoming Broadcast Dates – Matawa Radio Show:
Listen to radio broadcasts highlighting news from various Matawa Program Managers and other guests at:
- 89.9 FM in Sioux Lookout
- 106.7 FM in Timmins
- Bell TV Channel 962
4:00 – 4:30pm EST every 2nd Tuesday (unless otherwise specified) each month except for the month of August.
Upcoming broadcast dates are:
- September 13 and 27, 2022
- October 11 and 25, 2022
- November 8 and 22, 2022
- December 6 and 20, 2022
Matawa Messengers (issued 1/4rly in Mar, July, Sept & Dec)
Sign-up to receive the MATAWA MESSENGER, a quarterly newsletter highlighting Matawa First Nations news and events.